Gretty 1.1.4 is out!
October 7, 2014
Posted by on
I’m glad to announce release 1.1.4 of Gretty – advanced Gradle plugin for running web-apps on Jetty and Tomcat!
What’s new in Gretty 1.1.4:
- New feature: inplaceMode property, when assigned to “hard”, instructs Gretty to serve files directly from src/main/webapp, bypassing file copy on change.
- New feature: runner arguments for Gretty products.
- New feature: interactiveMode property allows to fine-tune Gretty’s reaction on keypresses.
- New feature: archiveProduct task, archives the generated product to zip-file.
- New feature: gretty.springBootVersion property allows to specify spring boot version (the default is 1.1.7.RELEASE) (issue #88, “Set Spring / SpringBoot version doesn’t work”).
- New feature: gretty.enableNaming property allows to enable JNDI naming on Tomcat (issue #64, “JNDI – NoInitialContextException with Tomcat (tried in 7x and 8x)”).
- Enhancement: now gretty.jvmArgs property is automatically passed to Gretty products.
- Enhancement in Jetty/Windows-specific lifecycle: useFileMappedBuffer is set to false for all Gretty tasks, so that Jetty does not lock css/js files.
- Enhancement in buildProduct task: now it automatically generates VERSION.txt file with the version and creation date information.
- Resolved issue #89, “How to configure fastReload?”.
- gradle wrapper to version 2.1
- Groovy to version 2.3.7
- SpringBoot to version 1.1.7.RELEASE
- Embedded Tomcat 7 to version 7.0.55
- Embedded Tomcat 8 to version 8.0.14
- Embedded Jetty 9 to version 9.2.3.v20140905
- asm to version 5.0.3
- Implemented support of Gradle 1.10 (still, using Gradle 2.1 is highly recommended!).
- fixed issues with groovy-all versions and logback versions in the webapp classpath
I highly appreciate your feedback!